Rat Proof Mesh
This rat proof mesh is one of the best methods of pest control is a rodent deterrent. Our 1mm and 2mm hole heavy duty rodent wire mesh is ideal for blocking holes, airbricks and vents of all shapes and sizes.
Using the Mesh Company’s rodent mesh, you can prevent rodents of all sizes from entering your property. The process of rodent proofing is one of a series of steps you should take to ensure the safety of your building against rats, mice, or squirrels. Rodent infestations may lead to serious consequences, including the spread of disease and deterioration of hygiene.
By blocking off potential entry points, rodents can be prevented from entering. You should use a rodent proof sealant or wire mesh to block off possible entry points. Rat proof mesh is a low-cost product that can be effectively utilized by both professionals and individuals.
If rats or mice wish to gain access to almost any environment in the home, this type of stainless steel is the ideal choice.
- Bending & Forming – Good. You could bend this mesh by hand and it would retain its shape
- Corrosion Resistance – Very good. 304 grade stainless steel offers good resistance to many corrosive elements, however 316 is preferable for marine and aquatic applications
- Heat Resistance – Good. 304 grade stainless steel offers a good level of resistance to heat
- Machinability – Good. Mild steel is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding, but stainless steel can also offer good results
- Welding – Very good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
- Painting – Poor. We suggest that a mild steel product is used when a layer of paint needs to be applied. Galvanised and stainless steel will not take pain
Mouse Proof Mesh
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of mouse proof mesh:
- STRONG MESH – This 1/4″ x 1/4″ stainless steel welded has a square hole size of just over 5mm which makes it the ideal rodent proof wire mesh
- GREAT TO USE – Rodent wire should be easy to cut and use as required. This mouse proof mesh is easy to cut with scissors and can be bent to suit as it’s welded, which is naturally more flexible than other types
Cut this as required to fill gaps, nooks and crannies. This is used by professionals and the general public alike. It’s simply a good product for the task and also low cost.
No fixings are included. Use a strong adhesive (silicone) or simply screws to attach it as required.
SS304 is a non-magnetic stainless steel grade. Magnets will not stick to this grade of metal. In industry, this is the most common stainless steel grade. A huge variety of applications are possible with this product.
SS304 also has outstanding forming and welding characteristics.
This grade of stainless steel is austenitic. This means that when it is cool the iron element remains in the form of austenite (gamma iron). This is a phase of iron that is nonmagnetic.
Above all, 304 grade stainless steel is long lasting in almost all environments. For instance, this mesh would last for upwards of 20 years if used for standard internal applications.
About The Mesh Company
In 2008 Locker Wire Weavers launched The Mesh Company to bring our enormous range of wire mesh products to the general public for the first time. Previously wire mesh was only available for trade customers.
We continue to extend our range, and now proudly offer many forms of mesh and metal products for the best possible prices. We specialise in woven wire mesh. As a group we work closely with architects and designers to develop ground-breaking new applications for our multifunctional range of materials. We also offer state of the art fabrication and engineering for projects of all sizes.
Strong ties with the Warrington community continue to be at the very core of our business. We are proud to invest in the training and developing our staff of all levels in line with the traditions set by Thomas Locker, who founded our group 150 years ago when he invented the electronic loom. We continue to bring ingenuity and strong ethics to our day to day business.
The Mesh Company continues Warrington’s historic role in the wire industry. For more than 140 years, our group has been a leader in the supply and manufacture of woven wire mesh and wire cloth. Having been founded in Warrington, UK in 1878, Locker mesh products still retain the quality craftsmanship and spirit of innovation that were so characteristic then.
You will find the range of mesh panel sizes available here offer a wide range of options, that have been designed to suit most requirements. Please be advised that the majority of woven mesh is usually available in a maximum roll size of 30 metres by 1200mm. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets – email@example.com.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.